Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 People Hub nightmare

Hey all!

I was wondering if any of you might be able to help! I've had the Nokia Lumia for about 3 months, first month went well, second month it broke... it has now been safely returned to me by the Nokia techs with that problem fixed, but 1 day later and another problem has arisen.

Am i boring you yet? I'm boring myself already...

Bluetooth contact sync wouldn't work, it said it did but then my contacts wouldn't appear in the people hub list. So after a few attempts i added them manually, i wasn't at any point prompted to assign them with an email address. No issues. I didn't sync with my people hub list with my email addresses as i would be inundated with best contacts i didn't need, in the thousanRAB..

So my contacts are sitting nicely in my people hub list and then they bestly disappear. I can do nothing to get them back, i can add new contacts, but now it wants me to add them to one of my blocked email addresses, thus unleashing the hoarRAB. I clearly don't want to do this. So now, i can see contacts on my text messages but none in my contact list. I cant make a telephone call because i have no contacts...

Helpful suggestions on the back of a piece of Nokia hate mail.

Many thanks in advance...

Rhi

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply.

Here's the deal:
    Your WP contacts are your Live contacts!!
    You can't have contacts exclusive to the phone! They have to belong to a certain Live account.

Now if you chose not to show your contacts from your main Live account you assigned to the phone, then whenever you add new contacts, they will appear at first, but the moment the phone sync automically with the main account, they'll go away! Reason for obvious I believe.

Now to solve this, I know many face problem where their main Live (Hotmail) account is full of unwanted contacts, they don't know what to do with phone contacts.
    You can either make a new fresh and clean Live account, make it your main WP account, and let the phones contacts reside there. Or you have one hell of job cleaning your current Live account.

It's up to you of course. But you have to bear in mind that the main account you create, better use it for all other major services as well.
    If you're not an XBox Live user yet, then use this account. It will very much easier to you to deal with one account for all Live services. Same goes to Skydrive and so on..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Consider the above as written on the back of a piece of Microsoft hate mail, as Nokia have nothing to do with the way Windows Phone operates.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your contacts do not have to be assigned to a Windows Live account, mine certainly aren't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You don't assign them yourself.
    Once you set your Live account up, it all happens automatically.

There are no phone contacts and Live contacts! Only Live contacts!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information