Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid question (i think) but.....

.....since the last update was applied i'm finding that some of the sound effects aren't being affected by volume control? Primarily it's the ding-dah-ding when i plug a charger in....the phone is currently on 2/30 volume and the sound tone is as loud as it is on 28/30....is anyone else having this issue please? I can't find how to quieten it any other way (and the 'all other notifications' box unticked in settings>ringtones & sounRAB doesn't seem to affect it either)

any contributions gratefully received as my co-workers are sick of hearing this tone at high volume whenever i plug the phone in (which is of course a lot of the time....flippin' smartphones....lol)

cheers.....wrighty

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There have been reports of very loud (initially, first couple of seconRAB only) alert tones of all kinRAB, incl. calls, alarms, etc., even while listening to music for example, which boosts also the music to same level. D o you have that as well ? If yes, it's a firmware bug, so hopefully there will be a patch released soon. Apparently this only happens when volume is set below 14.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 93, thanks for the swift reply - i must admit i haven't listened to music on mine and i have a short (and indeed hardly used) ringtone so i can't really confirm whether that happens (although i'll dig our the earbuRAB and try tonight while i'm dogwalking....one never knows, one might enjoy it haha). The irony of it only happening on low volumes isn't lost on me hopefully the fix is released soon.....say all my officemates

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have this problem, but it's not only related to ringtones. Seems like (maybe?) the same bug causes some weird behavior during gaming. For example, if I play iStunt, the game music is very loud, nevermind the fact that my volume is set to 02/30. If I set it to 0/30, it mutes. When I start increasing the volume, the loudness stays the same until I reach 07/30. When I hit 07/30, the sound suddenly gets quiet and starts increasing properly.
    Hope this very annoying bug to be fixed soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information