So I know how to do basic repairs (changing tires, oil, air filter, checking stuff) also I just recently changing out the exhaust manifold and EGR tube of my F150. I can also do brakes and I know how engines work. So I would like to know more, like if my truck needed a head gasket replacement and eventually to just be able to pull the entire engine out. There's two classes at my local comm. college, one is Engine Mechanical theory (no prerequisites except instructor permission) and another called Engine Overhaul. I figure that the first one is the one I should take, as the second one seems kind've advanced. So I was wondering if Engine Mechanical theory would be good class for me just to learn some extra stuff related to the engine and taking things apart above and around it, and what all that stuff is. Here is the course description. "This course provides an in-depth study of engine design, operation, troubleshooting, and in-vehicle service procedures for modern gasoline engines. Topics covered: Engine coolant systems, fluid leak diagnosis, timing belt service, in vehicle repairs, noises diagnosis and other related service associated with common engine service procedures." Just wanting to see if this is the right course for me.