Alright, me and my friends got into a little mishap with the police yesterday haha. Technically, we weren't doing anything illegal so they couldn't really arrest us. It was in a school parking lot and they called us over and these biker guys who we weren't with. No one was doing anything wrong really, except not wearing helmets maybe... But then while we were being questioned another cop went over to one of the biker dudes cars and searched it (the dude wasnt in it). He didn't ask and im not sure if the car was open before he went over to it. is he allowed to search the car if it was open and he didn't ask the dude? None of us really knew too much about our rights and whatnot in that situation so he didn't say "I don't consent to this search" or w/e... what would happen if he found weed or something? (which im pretty sure the dude would have)... idk, i didn't think cops were allowed to do that. I don't think there was enough probable cause or whatever, if that matters.

Can anyone give me a site or something that tells you your rights in these kind of encounters with police? like if theyre pulling you over or show up at your house or something? just for future reference i guess haha...

thanks guys