I went on a cruise and there was a magician at dinner doing magic tricks. He did one that I really want to learn but I can't find the explanation anywhere online. I'm hoping someone on here will know.

So there's two people sitting across from each other at a table. One person has to close their eyes and the magician will tap a part of their body and asks "what did you feel" and the person would respond "two taps on my right shoulder". He does that two or three times. The last time he taps the other person that has their eyes open and asked the person with their eyes closed "what did you feel" and the one with their eyes closed answers with what the other person felt, without being touched or seeing what happened.
I've experienced this trick both ways, and the magician is no where near the person that has their eyes closed when the last tap is done (the one where the person with their eyes open is taped) and you actually do feel where the other person is hit. Can someone tell me how this is done?