Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Police courtesy ride - 10 points?

Im 16 years old. The police were walking around the area talking to people making conversation including with me. There is a community police station in the area. Im not from the neighbourhood but i had to do an errand. The station is a 2-4 minute walk from the place of the errand.I took the bus/public transit. The bus stop is a 15 minute walk (10-12 minute from the police station). The officer offered me a ride to the bus stop. I said sure. During conversation he found out that my bus ride is little more than an hour. He offered to drive me to my destination (20-30 minute drive). He said he was going to that anyways. The officer had a partner so i had to ride in the backseat of the police car. Im wearing/carrying one of those rope style backpacks. I only had a book in the bag. The officer asked if i had anything illegal on me. I said no. He didnt search me. I wasnt handcuffed. The police car was a caged one. He had vinyl backseat, divider between front and back, and window bars. My knees were tight against the divider. When we arrived at the destination. I thought i was stuck in the backseat as if was hard to get out. I forgot to take my backpack off but couldnt remove it in the police car.

It was a bit claustrophobic in the backseat. No windows opened. We didnt talk that much because it was hard with the bulletproof glass divider. Looked like the the bulletlroof glass divider could slide open but it was closed the entire time.I was looking out the window through the window bars and the bulletproof glass. Felt like i was in jail.

MY QUESTION is...

The officers were nice. What made them ask if i had anything illegal and why they ask? Is it because the way I was dressed? (rope style backpack, wearing dc hightop shoes)

How often does the police give a courtesy ride and whats the reason?

Is it normal for it to be hard to get out of the backseat (feels like your stuck )

Is it normal for it to be claustrophobic?

Why did the officer leave the sliding window on the bullet proof divider closed?

Would you have accepted the ride? Why or why not?
    It was 10-11am tuesday. Weather is nice (not hot, not cold, not raining). Edmonton police

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn't seem to be a common thing. I believe the police were honestly being nice in this situation. (A lot of police are good people, but the car ride is kind of strange).
    The question about having anything illegal was kind of odd but it wasn't an investigation. They were just making conversation. However that would be awkward if I was in that situation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information