Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I just confess now?

So two days ago I met this girl. She is three years older than me (I'm first year undergrad, she is doing her Masters), we met on a group trip and we really clicked. Problem is she is going to be done with her Masters in about a month, after which she is going to leave Hong Kong or stay and find a job in Hong Kong. She said she wasn't sure, yet. She hadn't made her decision.

She is from mainland China, so she doesn't use Facebook and Skype. Instead she opts for China's copies: Ren Ren and QQ (both of which are practically unknown outside mainland China). I have her friend on both Ren Ren and Facebook (I started using Ren Ren just to find her =_=") but I can't find her. She is leaving Hong Kong in 3-4 weeks, but then when we talked, she made me feel like no other girl has ever before.

My roommate and friends are telling to simply cut the bullshit, skip the traditional courting, ask her friend for her numer - no matter how lame that may be - call her and confess to her. Maybe she might stay in HK.

When we were talking though, I felt that it really clicked and that... - no matter how cheesy this may sound - I might really want to spend my future with her.

Y'all think I should go down the number path, call and confess straight out? Ignoring all the hardwired courtship methods that are in her mind?
    Remember, she is from mainland China...so keep in mind that the Asian culture is well, let's just say sudden outbursts of love that may be considered romantic and daring in Europe and North America could very well intimidate and scare an Asian born, Asian raised girl.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get her number and stay in touch.. Let’s see how far that goes. Once you are certain, confess.. J

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would give it a shot. Finding someone is hard, and finding someone and losing them is pretty rough. You don't want to regret not knowing what may have been possible. Worst case scenario she stays in HK and there is no future, best case, well you can imagine.

All you can do is put yourself out there and hope for the best. It doesn't always work out but you will be glad you made the effort and weren't too afraid to follow your dreams.

Good luck!

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 days ago? You don't know anything about her yet. Sure get her number and try to meet up with her. Please don't ever confess your love to a girl you've just met, doesn't matter what nationality she is you will end up getting the lets just be friends talk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information