Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He asked me to be intimate with him even though we are only dating?

Sorry this is a bit long, but please help.

Background Information: I have been dating this guy for a little over a month. He has been very nice and a perfect gentlemen. I have met a friend of his, he has shown me his office and we go out every week. I have asked him before about his attraction toward me and what is his favorite part of a women's body, but that was it. I also told him early on that I broke up with the last guy I was dating because he wanted to have sex with me before making a commitment. I have my morals and standards and believe that sex is something precious.

Problem: Regardless, today he asked me if I would like to be intimate soon or just try some things. I told him "no, we aren't bf/gf yet and I want to feel like there is some type of commitment before doing that." He said "ok, just checking". I reminded him about the reason i broke up with my ex and told him that when a guy asks me to have sex without having any plans on asking me to be his gf, it seems like he is not serious. He got mad and said, "I was only asking you how you feel about it and that you started it when you asked about my attraction toward you and the favorite part of a woman question." He then told me that it was "unfair to compare my exes motives to his." I apologized and said I misread your question and should have asked for clarification. I didn't want to start an argument so I apologized and left it as that. He has not spoken to me since then.

Honestly, I do not feel like I misread his question. I think he wanted to know if I was ready to be intimate and was not just seeing "how I felt." I don't feel right about him after this. He told me in the past that he would wait as long as I needed, but him asking me this out of the blue just doesn't settle well. I always figured he would ask me to be his girlfriend before this.

Question/Advice: I do not know if I am wrong for how I reacted or if he is wrong. I honestly do not know what to think anymore and if I have just overreacted. Any advice?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm... I don't think he asked you about sex or intimacy out of the blue because he was right in the first place, you asked him what makes you (or a woman's body for that matter) attractive. When you said something like that, maybe he though asking about intimacy and physical intimacy is something you can talk about comfortably. You know men are just really frank and direct. Also, you guys are just going out right? You don't really have to make a big deal out of it! You can ditch him anytime if you feel uncomfortable!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information