Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acne Scar Treatment - what really works?

I had terrible acne as a teen and it left ice pick and boxcar scars on my cheeks. My plastic surgeon says they cant do much without the risk that it will look worse if they fill the scars with a sub dermal filler like Juvederm. He told me about subcision where they cut the underlying tissue and I have heard about dermabrasion, lasers and a dermaroller that uses tiny pins to re-scar your face in hopes that it heals smoother. All sound painful and still may not work. I read about a topical filler called Dermaflage and wondered if anyone had tried it. Let me know what works the best because I am tired of the stares.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey CoolestCat,

I don't have any advice as to what cream to use to help with the scars, but if I had to guess I'd say the best medicine would be time.

In the meantime try to forget about all those people who stare at you. You're better than that and shouldn't even pay attention.

Goodluck and hope you feel better about this. Be above negative people!

-M

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the best cure is time. But doing nothing except waiting will get you nowhere either. Red marks will fade by themselves over time, but not ice pick scars. I had ice pick scars myself and what got rid of them was using Epidermx microdermabrasion and Silkia camellia oil. It took over a year to get results, but I think it's absolutely worth it.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! I also have acne scars but mine are not bad. I've been doing a chemical peel once a month my derm. It has helped a lot and my scar look smooth. I started off by doing a peel every other week, now its every month or every other month. I think chemical peels help a lot. You should visit a derm or an aesthetic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information