I'm a single bloke, living on my own in a small one bedroom apartment. This is the first time I've really lived for any length of time on my own and everything apart from the cooking bit is going great. At the moment its not a big deal, but at the end of this week I start a job in the mines where I am home for one week every month. The problem I am facing is that I wont be living in the same place every week I get off and so I will be starting each one with an empty pantry (apart from a few things i can box up and store in my car, like salt and pepper and some vegemite). I was hoping there would be some genius people out there who could give me some recipes that a) are fairly quick and easy to prepare, b) wont entail buying ingredients that are sold bulk and throwing a heap of stuff away because i cant use it all in that week and c) are going to be relatively healthy. I don't have a massive kitchen here in my current unit and it seems the same wherever I'll be, plus being in holiday accommodation there isn't a mad mile of different equipment to use. I have however bought myself a good knife. Also any ingredients that I might not think of which can be kept from month to month in a box in my car waiting for my return would be great. Cheers guys!

p.s, I'm a meat and veg kind of guy usually, but I'll give just about anything a go that isnt way over the top.