I have had multiple credit cards over the last 10 years. All of these cards had PPI. Most are now closed down but I still have 2 that have PPI insurance on them. My query is this. I haven't worked for 4 years now as I am a stay at home mother of twin toddlers (as a single parent). My active credit cards have been running for around 8 years. The last four of which I haven't worked. I understand that I can't claim for the last four years as the credit card company haven't been informed that I am not working and I appreciate this. My main concern is that for the last 15 years I have been diagnosed as severely depressed and have been on medication since then (including treatment all through that time with adult mental health services). I am awaiting my terms and conditions from my credit card company but I wonder if my mental health would have invalidated any ppi that was linked to my credit cards. I never requested the PPI and certainly would never have asked for it as I have always been very open when I have to fill in forms.
I am now diagnosed with bipolar and in the first instance need to cancel any insurance I have with my credit card companies.
I just need some financial help.
If anyone with any knowledge of claims can help I would be most appreciative.
Regards