I am 51 male that had a recent echocardiogram doppler color flow test. On the top of the report it indicates left ventricular ejection fraction 64%. Then under "Impression" at the bottom of the report it indicates, "Left ventricle - There is thinning with severe hypokinesis of the anterior/anteroseptal walls consistent with prior myocardial infarction. The apex is dyskinetic. Ejection fraction is moderately reduced at 35-40%. Can this be an error? I asked my GP and he said, the machine measured 64%, but the reviewing doctor provided his comments, go see a cardiologist. I'm struggling to figure out how there can't be something wrong with the report. If my measured output is 64% how could my actual be 35-40%?

Other results:
Aortic root dimension 3.9cm (just over normal)
Aortic vale dimension 2.5cm
Lt. atrial dimension 3.6 cm
Intraventricular septum 1.1 cm
Lt. ventricular post. wall 1.1 cm
Lt. Ventricular (es) 3.0 cm
Lt. ventricular (ed) 4.7

All other items in the "impression" section are normal except "left atrium - mild left atrial enlargement".

I am overweight, 5"8", 215 lbs and I do have sleep apnea. I don't believe I ever had a heart attack but I would imagine I have done some damage to my heart because of the apnea. I walk/jog about 15 miles a week with no problem. During exercise I regularly get my pulse up to 150 bpm with no pain etc... and I recover quickly. My resting heart rate is around 66 bpm. My oxygen saturation is normally at 98%, but it will drop to 95% when laying down sometimes. I do take a calcium channel blocker (diltiazen 60 mg) and alpha blocker (doxazosin mesylate 2mg) daily for hypertension.

I have made an appointment with my cardiologist but I won't see him for several days and this issue is concerning. I'd appreciate any comments to help prepare me for my visit with the cardiologist.