Thanks everyone. Heres the deal. I have been riding bikes since 1969 when I was 6yo. I Have owned several Harleys. This guy I work with rolls up on a "bobber" with a '79 sportster motor and a hardtail. I asked him what year the frame is and he says" Its a '79 sportster frame" I said " Not a production frame, Harley never made a sportster with a hardtail. It might be a "79 frame but its not from a sportster" But he insists that it is. The best I can come up with from all of the books I have is that the last production hardtail was around '57 But Im not an expert. Thats why I asked. Thanks again you all did great.
Thanks everyone. Heres the deal. I have been riding bikes since 1969 when I was 6yo. I Have owned several Harleys. This guy I work with rolls up on a "bobber" with a '79 sportster motor and a hardtail. I asked him what year the frame is and he says" Its a '79 sportster frame" I said " Not a production frame, Harley never made a sportster with a hardtail. It might be a "79 frame but its not from a sportster" But he insists that it is. The best I can come up with from all of the books I have is that the last production hardtail was around '57 But Im not an expert. Thats why I asked.