Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont understand the philip humber perfect game?

the last pitch looked like the batter didn't wanna run to the base or something. but I don't really understand baseball. in general though, do hitters usually easy up and allow a pitcher to get a perfect game if they are close to pitching one?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The batter looked hesitant to run to first because he was arguing with the home-plate umpire.
    When pitchers are throwing a perfect game, batters will occasionally ease up, but sometimes will try to bunt for a hit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No the reason why he was going to first base was because he thought he didn't swing at the pitch, which would have been ball 4, i do think the batter didn't swing though, but its a tough call for the umpire, the ump said he swung which means the batter was out

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He didn't run because he was called strike 3, and well.... at that point no reason to ruin the moment really. Not saying he gave it away outright, but yeah the entire last at bat was a bit "sloppy" all the way around if you catch my drift.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He didn't run because he was called strike 3, and well.... at that point no reason to ruin the moment really. Not saying he gave it away outright, but yeah the entire last at bat was a bit "sloppy" all the way around if you catch my drift.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No hitters don't easy up and allow the pitcher to get perfect game. It's just that the pitcher are locked in and are throwing to well for batters to get a hit. No batter would intentionally let the pitcher get perfect game.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the pitch went past AJ and the batter thought it was a ball but it wasn't and it was too late for him to get to 1st basically

but i wouldn't think hitters let them get the perfect game on their team

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The batter felt that he didn't swing at the pitch and was walked. When the ump called strike 3 he was surprised and it took a second for him to react. By the time he did, he realized the catcher had already basically retrieved the ball and he didn't hustle it out.

In no way do hitters let up for a no hitter/perfect game. The team is embarassed when these happen against them (rightfully so). However, they also don't bunt to get on to break it either. After the 5th or 6th inning that is known as an unwritten rule in baseball, not to bunt to break up a no-no. I can only remember it happening once against Curt Schilling. Some catcher did it to him in a 1-0 game and got a hit with it, he was not too happy with that fella and I'm sure he got drilled next time they faced each other.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information