Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2001 toyota camry DYI oil change help?

I have a 2001 toyota camry Le 4cyl and I'm tired of taking to the local shop and have them pour in some oil that I never heard of and refill with 2 quart of unknown oil (not sure if this is adequate amount). I'm a novice at car stuff so I would appreciate any pointers.

I'm thinking of buying the following oil extractor and oil filter :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Oil-Filter-90915-YZZD3-/320660733480?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item4aa8de7e28#ht_500wt_1054

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102716746

I'm not sure how many 5w30 quarts I need to refill after I extract all the oil from the car, and if the oil filter in the link above is the correct one to use? Any recommendation on what brand oil to use (best place to purchase for good deals) and steps on completing my first DYI oil change would be much appreciated.
    I also notice where there are places that offer $25-30 oil change, I'm not sure on oil prices but its relative ly 7-10 a quart so refilling 4 quart is quite expensive isn't it? Is there a cheaper deal on brand with good performance? Thank you for you're help thus far!

Unregistered
    ive worked in a car yard and done oil changes.basically it involves putting the car on a hoist (jack stands will do the same thing) and removing the sump plug.let the oil drain and remove the oil filter.put a new oil filter on,put the sump plug back in and put fresh oil in the car.ive always used cheap oil in cars not sure what they used at the car yard.the oil filter once removed will have a part number on it or your local automotive supplier should be able to tell you what oil filter it needs.also if you can get a service manual for the model of the car that will tell you what oil filter to use.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information