Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it turns out everyone still has all the old hangups they had when they were kids. but nearly everyone 'old' still feels like they are in their 20's or 30's just things hurt a little more or a re a little slower. who knew ?!
    the bonus is that as you get older you can still feel young at heart but also feel the confidence of Being wiser, more knowledgeable, and more self reliant and in control.
    Shyness is one of the hardest thing to get over, "just shy" I love hearing people say =}
    the pain and worry of putting yourself out there for everyone to judge and probably ridicule is something that really never leaves you, but the older you get the less you really care about the ones that might do it to you.. they are really not worth the time or effort to be afraid of.... even if it does creep in now and then.
    just remember one of the biggest fears that people have is public speaking, and in essense that is what eveyone everyday does, it's just the shy people that seem to notice more =}
    good luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    our physical body gets sillier, our mind gets wiser & in-control as we progress through experiences and the good thing is our emotion bring out the feeling of being forever young.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do we get sillier or wiser as we get older. I am approaching middle age and feel young still?

I don't know if I have grown up or not. I know I am more independent, but I am still quiet, shy and reserved. I thought by now I would be outgoing, extroverted, have a good job, a car, own my house outright but I do my best. I have done silly things and I still think I am silly. I remember how clever I used to consider myself. Now I know I don't know much at all. Why am I still as shy as a kindegartener? Why can't I get over my shyness?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some People are just shy some grow out of it and others stay that way.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty much the same kid at 55 I was at 20.

Depends on the person I guess

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Life usually has a cycle. Born as a kid, grows up, then starts to act like a child again ,when old. But I personally think that being the way you are is the best. JUST NEVER LET GO OF YOUR INNER CHILD!! )

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You tend to do less stupid things as you get older.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information