Currently, I own a Honda Metropolitan 50cc Scooter. Despite being 27, my parents are insanely anally paranoid of me, and it took me years to finally convince them to help me with my license. No, I'm not a bad driver, they really are that paranoid. (I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which "justified" their fears *eyerolls** So while this scooter is good for me now while I'm on unemployment pay, once I get a job, I intend on switching up to a Ninja 250R. The main reason I don't want to go higher is because I'm trying to avoid a sportsbike that's too heavy or too costly to insure on my first time. The Ninja is pretty much everything I want, fast, good handling, fun, yet practical and decent for longer trips if needed. Now my question is, is it easy to learn on the Ninja 250R? I imagine a low end sportsbike is the best motorcycle to learn on because its handling and acceleration allow you to make split-second moves in emergency scenarios, so I just wanted to make sure that this was true. Your thoughts?