I have a 2000 Buick Century. A friend of mine put in a new stereo and a day or 2 after-wards my dash lights went out. They would eventually come back on and then shortly after go back out again. I had a cable tied into the antenna tucked up behind the dash for the fm/aux (for ipod) rather than a cigarette lighter fm transmitter. I noticed that when I pulled some of the slack out of the cable, the lights went out and never came back on. Obviously a cable was loose w/ the intermittent display of lights, so I thought. The guy wouldn't pull the dash apart and check it out. He insisted that his work was perfect. I have all the warning lights in the instrument cluster and signals, just not the entire backlight of dash and the hvac lights are also out. The hvac works fine, it's just not lit up. I have the dash apart and can't figure out where the problem is. I can't find a good diagram that I can understand or a good youtube video. And YES I checked the fuses. Please help!
He works for a place that does custom car audio/electronics, rims, lighting, alarms...
He plugged into an existing harness. From the harness back is intact, from the other side of the harness to the radio is where it's tapped in.The fm transmitter is connected to the antenna. Not sure I checked all the grounds. It's hard to check w/o a good diagram. The few that I've seen, you have to a mechanic to understand or electrical wiz.