I need to get my car inspected fairly soon. but my check engine light is on. i had a friend come over and use his code reader to alert me of the issue. i also had him clear the codes, to pass inspection at first glance. i will know if it passed today, but the problem is still there, and i still, whether it passes or not, need to adress the issue. however, im not mechanically inclined. i have a basic knoledge of some vehicle parts and terms, but not much, so be descriptive please. heres what came up: its a 10$ repair (dont ask me how it knew the repair cost!) and the codes were p0441 , p1441. upon research, it came up that my purge was wrong. p0441 being not purging when it should be, and p1441 being purging when it shouldnt be. ive tried just about everything, and im reluctant to ask a shop htat will ultimately charge me 500$ for a 50$ job, when i have people who can help me for free, if we knew the problem. So i need an idea, or rough outline of whats wrong. i understand what it COULD be, because i know what the emmissions system composes of. but i need a little definintion here, cuz replacing the emissions system altogether will be expensive if i just blow cash on one part at a time. so, if youve ever had this problem, or owned a car with this problem, let me know your solutions. or if your a super car pro, and wanna be the smart guy that solves this, be my guest! but wether inspected or not, id like to fix this, as its my first car, and i want it to last.