American cities are absolutely insane when it comes to murder rates and crime. They might not be as bad as South America, but get this. Pakistan capital "Islamabad", murder rate is around 6.5. Washington DC's is 21 (per 100,000) (and that is the lowest it's been in 15 years). (Don't say they don't record it because I've been to Pakistan and while they may not record robberies and such, they do record serious crimes like murder).
Also, while America's nicer parts tend to be away from cities (suburbs), the cities seem to be most infested with crime (where 50 percent of Americans live). In Western Europe, the cities tend to be safer and the other parts tend to be more dangerous if I am not mistaken.
Please don't give New York City example. I know the crime has gone down but it ain't no heavenly place unless you are in the tourist parts of Manhattan.
And America's average murder rate is double most of England, France, Germany, Norway, etc...
Why do you think these things are so?
Ok, I'll check the 50 percent of Americans live in cities but I did extensive reports on American crime in cities. That is all true. I checked and compared legit sources and threw out some of the fake ones. One said London's crime is 7 times NYC which was completely false once you compared official statistics. But honestly, I don't have to show statistics. Have you ever taken a drive down average American city neighborhoods?