We have a 1999 Buck Century Limited with an "AM/FM Stereo w/ cassette tape and CD player w/ Automatic Tone Control" (a picture can be found on page 3-21 of the owner's manual (theres some specific difference between models)) and we recently got one of those cassette tapes w/ the aux input. I tested it one night and it worked just fine. The next day, i put the cassette in and use it, no problems. I eject and it makes this loud clicking/grinding noise, moves the tape down, back up, starts grinding again. It does this a few times and stops. I had to pull the tape out by the cord running from it and after i did that, the "tape in" light was still on. So i press the eject button again and it still does the same thing. I called the nearby dealership and they didnt know what to do other than to pull the entire unit and send it of to Delco (or whoever) to have it repair it. My mom isnt worried about it (but shes not the only one driving that car, and I suggested we get the thing for it) but I want to know if theres anything I can do at home to fix it without having to send it into the dealership/buy a new player and have them install it (in other words, i dont have money to spend on this). What would I do to fix it?
I guess it would help to know that we did not originally own this car, but rather she got it from a deceased relative almost a year ago, and we never used the tape player until recently (and the history of it's use is not known)
Here's a video so you can see/hear what its doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76jyB3W1Iw
Also, i do know about the Theftlock system (read about it in the owners manual) if thats not turned on, and i pull the unit out, will it still lock?