Why do you find me unusual, creepy or awkward?

I need your opinion girls, I got a smart, cool, funny personality, but sometimes girls tell me I am unusual, creepy or awkward before I even get to know them better but once they get to know me they no longer think so and want everything I have to offer. Makes no sense, usually takes lots of alone time and conversation with a girl to change there perception. Is it the way I look, style, personality? what do I need to change? is the media to blame? or is that just how all girls think before knowing any kind of guy? I think its mostly my looks are the blame, genetics, really nothing I can do, because girls usually most say I am unusual, creepy, or awkward person because I look different, I don't know what they mean.

Here what I think about myself based on what others tell me:
Personality B+ = I am a good conservator, funny, and friendly only if I am given a chance to make a conversation.
Looks C+ = I can't really compare myself to other guys, got olive skin, brown hair and eyes, if I am wrong let me know
Money B = I am not poor or rich, I own a nice car, job, I have enough money to buy food, shelter, and do things once in a while
Style A- = I don't look partially good in this picture style wise, but I buy everything from nordstrom

Out of this list and viewing the picture, what should I change so girls don't think of those things anymore? I was thinking maybe my hair style or growing a beard or do something else. I am not trying to attract girls, I just don't want to give them the wrong perception and bad vibe about me when I am around, I have no problem making friends with guys, every guy usually wants to be my friend.

Here the picture:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7304716764_d03c6a61e5_z.jpg
Jessica you mention ALWAYS ASK ABOUT THE GiRL AND GET HER TALKiNG ABOUT HERSELF. That is the first thing I do to open a conversation, usually they talk about themselves, but some girls that are shy will just say why you asking or tell me I am unusual that I am asking, I get girls comfortable, but what I am trying to find out is why am I giving off a bad vibe before I start the conversation, is it my looks, what is it?
I mention nordstrom not to brag, I sometimes buy cheaper clothes and custom sew to make them fit me, but most of the clothes I buy are from nordstrom because they usually are the only clothes that fit me perfect and isn't baggy like most cheap clothes are.