How can I dispute items on my credit report?
1. It shows I have a state tax lien when I was never aware of this, my taxes are withheld and I end up getting a refund and have a licensed tax lady file it every year.

2. My old dentist has put $3700 for a bridge in collections. I went to see him last July and wanted it done by Sept. for a wedding. By Dec. it still wasn't done and my gums were infected so I went to a different dentist who I paid $3200 to do. I had it all done by another dentist and now I see it is in collections without my knowledge. I called the creditor, he said he sent me a letter and confirmed my address, when I said I never got it he said it was returned to him undelivered for wrong address but he confirmed over the phone he had my correct address. He also was given my phone number by the dentist yet had never contacted me. I need to refinance my house so the lender is saying the only way is to pay this $3700. The creditor said to send him a letter stating why I dispute the charge and he'll notify the bureaus if he feels it is a legitimate dispute. I don't want to rely on him. Is there any other way to dispute this? Should I file a small claims and in the meantime pay it off or what? Should I dispute with the bureaus if so what is their mailing address? My lender has my credit report so I don't have all that info as far as contact info.

Thanks for your help and this is in CA.. If I file small claims is it against the collections agency (for not informing me of the debt and for wrongfully having it on my report) or against the dentist and if both is it 2 separate cases?