Last year my financial aid was terminated due to maximum time frame. I am now wishing to return to finish my degree. If I complete all of the courses I have registered for for the Fall 2012 semester, per my degree audit, I will have all of the requirements met! There were some circumstances such as an abusive relationship and the birth of my son that caused me to "waste" some of my time at the college. I am in the process of completing the appeal to see if I can get financial aid for this one last semester.
What are the chances of getting the appeal approved?
I have documentation for hospital visits due to the abusive relationship and also birth of my child. I am just scared to death. I have a meeting with an advisor next week to help fill out that portion as well. I am just not financially in the position to pay on my own, and I feel I am so close I really want to finish what I started. Also to add I am out of the relationship now and much more stable. I wrote up a letter explaining this also to go with the appeal. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.