Okay, hi everyone! I'm a 17 year old guy who is bored out of his mind and stays in the house all day; I recently moved back from living in England for 3 years. I loved it there, I would always have friends come knock on my door randomly, we'd walk to the shops across the street, walk to the mall (10 minutes), go to parks, all without needing to worry about having a car, or gas money, or any of that rubbish! (I went to school there; my father lives there, I stayed with him).

I used to live here in Florida my whole life, I was born here. All I used to find myself do here is stay in my room all day on my computer and do nothing. When I was in England, I could easily just walk out my door, walk to the town centre, maybe take the bus somewhere interesting all on my own - INDEPENDENTLY! I could EASILY navigate my way independently on foot anywhere in the city I wanted.

It's a lot different over here in Palm Coast. I live in a town where there's no public transportation, anything remotely interesting (such as a shopping area) is miles away, and a car is required, and it's always so damn humid here on top of all of that! According to my current situation, I can't drive on my own legally for another year, and even then, I most likely won't have a car.

I moved back here because I missed my girlfriend far too much; she lives here in Florida. However, she is still an hour away, but because I love her very much, I highly believe any annoying situation I am in to be totally worth it. I see her approximately every other week, and stay over at her house for a prolonged duration. She drives over here, she has a car.

Now, the main problems here are!
-I've gained a lot of weight due to a lack of exercise, and sitting on my butt all day!
I try going for walks every now and then, but seriously, who wants to walk in a straight line for like 8 miles with nothing but houses!? On top of that, the heat and humidity is just plain stupid.

-It's becoming severely depressing!
This is what I used to do years ago, and it was a horrible experience, it's as if I'm reliving it all over again, I just wish I could go out and do something on my own, or with some friends independently without having to rely on someone with a CAR!

-My mother works at the house all day
I'm currently living with my mother now; my mother has a job where she works from home, and on top of that, she always claims to be exhausted, and tired and never wants to drive me anywhere. So even if I wanted my mother to drive me to places, she never is up for it.

But here's the thing....

The whole issue I'm having the worst overall, is that I feel stripped of my independence. I feel like I have to rely on someone else to transport me anywhere! It's so expensive to drive, and it's really just so stupid that everything is so far apart!

Maybe it's Florida I just don't like in general, and this pleads this question...

What is a teenager without a car supposed to do in Palm Coast, Florida?