Hi there,

Thank you for reading.

I just purchased a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid from Honda Dealership with 95,000miles for $8,900.00.

They offered "a good deal" for a 36-month/36,000-mile which was $2,495.00 I looked at that as over a 1/4 of my car's value.

Anywho, this warranty covers engine, tranny, powertrain, and some others but its all internal they stressed which i figured is standard for most warranties. Meaning if my tranny needs to be replaced due to an internal issue, the warranty covers it. However, if there is an external problem like something getting knocked off during a bumpy road or just some sort of damage in general, that comes out of my pocket.

Also, to keep in mind, i have the carfax on this vehicle and there has been no reported negative history. it has had all of its recommended inspections, repairs, etc etc. so the history of the overall car is good. Only red flag was that it was previously owned by 4 other drivers but still, no problems reported.

Anyway, my question to all of you...should I keep the warranty or get my $2500 back? i have basically 30days to sit on it before they start pro-rating it. Please, any advice/opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your input!