I've recently moved to Canada and have an iPhone with Bell. I regularly text three people and have received a few free messages from Bell. I don't text anyone else and I don't give out my mobile number, to prevent receiving spam texts. Each month, I get charges for "TXT MSG Short Code Programs Sent". When I discuss this with Bell, they claim I'm sending texts to some company called MyThum, which I'm not. My phone has no record of these texts at all. Fortunately, I remember exactly where I was at the time Bell claims I sent one of these texts - at a movie, with my phone in my bag! They claim that no record of the texts on my phone isn't proof, because I could have deleted the texts. It's only $0.15 per text, and I only get charged for a few each month, but if they're doing this to all of their customers, they're making a ton of money. Each time, they refund the money, but act like it's a big favour to me and they won't do it again. Obviously if they really think I'm sending these, they wouldn't be so quick to refund it.

I'm just wondering if other people are getting charged for this, and if anyone has successfully stopped Bell from charging them. I shouldn't have to call to complain every single month.