So, I've been having issues this year. I will explain -

In January, I began to feel like I was getting a bladder infection. Having had one before, I went to the doctor to get tested. They said that my urine looked fine, and they didn't know what was causing the discomfort. Two days later, the bladder symptoms went away, and I began to experience low back pain, on one side. Assuming this was a kidney infection, I went back. They told me I was basically crazy, and sent me home. (After an STD test and pap smear...which both came back fine) Eventually, I had an ultrasound and they told me I had a small functional ovarian cyst. My period began, and a few days later I felt just fine. My birth control was switched to ortho-novum.

Fast forward a few months later - The bladder symptoms begin again. They last for no more than two days, and then the back pain starts in. I had an ultrasound, and they told me that everything looked completely normal. I went to a new doctor, and she diagnosed me with PCOS - I still have to have the blood test to confirm, but she said that is how my ovaries looked. (Which is weird to me - because I have had 3 other ultrasounds at different places and NO ONE has mentioned that before..) She also said that I had a little bit of free fluid that was probably causing the pain.

Again, this month everything is starting the exact same way. Feels like a bladder infection, and I guarantee that in a day or two my lower back will start to ache. It took a long time to go away last time, too.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on!?! Thank you!