i ordered a few things form the website "www.forever21.com"

i am returning some items, and these items were on sale on the website.

it says this in the policy thign for the website
" Sale Merchandise: Sale merchandise purchases may be cancelled within 14 days of the order or returned, as described below, within 14 days of receipt, in accordance with applicable distance selling regulations."

DOES this mean i cant return the items? please help they were quite expencive and are no use to me as the size is too big and not what i wanted them to be.

thanks in advance.
The Return and Exchange Policy described below applies only to online purchases made through our website.
The Return and Exchange Policy described below applies only to online purchases made through www.forever21.com
Non-Returnable: All sales of Gift cards, e-gift certificates, pierced jewellery and undergarments are final unless subject to distance selling or other applicable regulations. Non-Returnable items cannot be returned for exchange, credit, or refunds.
Sale Merchandise: Sale merchandise purchases may be cancelled within 14 days of the order or returned, as described below, within 14 days of receipt, in accordance with applicable distance selling regulations.
For all other items, to be eligible for an exchange, credit or refund as described below, the merchandise must be returned unworn with tags and sanitary liner (for swimwear) intact and must be accompanied by the original return form and customs documents (if applicable). Please note that swimwear cannot be exchanged or re