Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Harley davidson problems before buying?

What are some of the biggest problems new harley owners have with their bikes? I have heard the engine, though nice, is archaic. Ive also heard maintenace is often and expensive. Any advice?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, Harley just can't seem to abandon that archaic internal combustion engine. Other than tires, oil changes, and a couple of burned out dash bulbs, mine has had not needed any work. Well....the shifter bushings are a little worn, but I haven't gotten around to replacing them. Maybe if we ever get a rainy day.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many Harley haters will say they are junk, expensive ,gutless, shake, agriculture equipment, fashion statement for low status people, and the Harley lovers will claim they are the best. I ride the best built motorcycles that are available and maybe someday harley will build something that I would consider.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are the same as with any other motorcycle, no different. The motor is hardly archaic, maintenance is the same as other motorcycles and only expensive if you go to a Harley dealer. Even then it's often not that much more. Harley's are very easy to work on, easier than just about any other motorcycle in it's class, as well as outside it's class. 99% of people who complain about Harley's, Have gotten their engineering degrees, from a cracker jack box. They know only what others have said, or what they made up. They don't like Harley's, or cruiser type of bikes. They have an obsession, with the latest, greatest, fastest, new thing. Doesn't really matter, they just need to put down, what they don't like. It's the in thing, not to like Harley's.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets just say that the 1920's 900 knucklehead was the same 40horsepower as today's 883 Sportster. Lets just say that if there are any corners involved no harley made today will touch a 250 ninja. Archaic enough for you? These bikes are pretty weak, they are sold on an iconic look that is marketed heavily by madison avenue. Kind of a scam if you ask me. But there are alot of posers in the world and they all need accessories.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information