I am trying to convert and burn a wedding video using Panasonic HD writer 2.1 ae. Whatever the length of the video it stops working 2 frames short of the entire clip when converting ( just get an error message saying there was a problem and windows is checking for a solution, which there isn't!) so the burn does not start. This is the correct program for the camera and for windows 7 64 bit. I have tried re-installing the disc and changed the usb lead, camera to pc lead (the camera needs to be connected during the conversion process) but this has made no difference. Strangely, I did get it to work properly once but now this, nothing has changed apart from adding about a minute of video but even going back to the original length or making it shorter makes no difference, whatever, it stops two frames short. Help!!!! Paul
Just to clarify, it converts ok using the HD writer software but stops at the burn stage(which is still part of the program). I have called Panasonic and they suggested disconnecting my virus checker (AVG) and the internet, which I have tried but no difference. It seems something on my laptop prevents the burn from taking place(the blank dvd is in the writer at the start of the conversion process)