In a climate when young girls are now saying "I'd let Chris Brown beat me up any day" and Mitt Romney is saying women should not retain the right to their own bodies, I am appalled that everyone is hyping a show whose heroines basically appear to have the mindsets below (most are inferences from the characters' behaviour, but some are actual quotes!):

"Crack can be fun"
"I want HIV"
"Let's f*ck, Mr. Boss man who is sexually harassing me"
"I love you, you abusive loser, for no discernible reason other than you look good with a shirt off"
"Let's have an abortion party"
"Let's go to a random man's house who we've never met, get drunk and make out in front of him"
"My friend's jealous because I have an abusive boyfriend who pees on me and she just has a job but no boyfriend / landing a man is the main goal in a girl's life"
"I don't know you at all, but when you just met me and said you would scare me during sex that really turned me on"
"That boy who respects me is boring, I think i'll dump him"
"If I keep having demeaning unsatisfying sex with you and keep my basic standards of respect very low, that means you'll fall in love with me"

People are calling Lena Dunham the voice of a generation but I cringe every time I read a rave review of this cr@p. These females are the most insipid and pathetic characters I have ever seen. This is what has become of feminism?