The company only has 3 employee's and the handbook is 16 pages long and about a 4 font! I will not lie this came after I was wrote up. I feel this document was written to fire me and for me to lose my accrued vacation time. It also includes now drug and alcohol testing. (Which I'm not concerned about). I just want to know if and employer can make you sign a handbook now after this amount of time? It states in the book if I don't sign I will be fired and loose my vaca time. Do I have any rights?
I am in Michigan. I have been advised not to sign. There a somethings like " cannot use the restroom unless on break", I have also worked in the transportation industry for more than 25 yrs. They have nothing to do with recruiting but states if I do anything in the industry it is grounds for termination. They stated the holiday's paid but missed one. Any accrued vacation is not going to be paid if I quit or terminated. They can change my pay period without notice. We have a time clock on a computer which one of our employee's uses all day, but we cannot ask her to clock us in we have to disrupt her work to do so. If I use a piece of equipment at work when I leave it has to be in the same condition as I started. Come on if I'm there for a year it has obviously been used and not going to be in the same condition. Am I suppose to buy a replacement? The supervisor and owners are very often not at their desk or just may not want to talk to whom ever called, so