Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going to a wedding soon, I'm single and want to mingle..how do I catch someone's eye?

I'm going to a wedding on the weekend. Theres going to be lots of people there and I want to mingle, how do I do that without looking desperate? They say love finds you so should I just wait for someone to approach me?
    Just to add I'm a teenage girl I should have made that clear earlier

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Make sure that you go up to and have a nice conversation with the newlyweds.
    Nothing says "desperate guy trying to find someone" more than the guy acting like the wedding is a burden. Go, say something funny and nice to the couple and get them to laugh. That will show those around you that you're a funny guy and that you're comfortable at that kind of event.

Women will notice that you seem less scummy and that you're not a whiner or a downer.

When you mingle, start off with questions about the newlyweds, like how the other person knows them. That way you don't seem like you're zeroing in on targets, and that you're not a selfish jerk just wanting to draw attention to yourself. It also might give you things to talk about with the other people. You seem selfish just talking about yourself, but if you're talking about the fun time you had with bride/groom, then you sound like you're nice.

EDIT:
    Wow... we all seem so messed up now after hearing your age and gender...

Honestly, go and just be with the people that you know there and be friendly. It's more than possible that you'll meet someone new that might interest you.
    Just be natural.

Advice to guys is much more complicated, since guys can very easily get the image of being creepy for doing the wrong thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information