I have a 1986 Toyota PIckup that I just bought for fifteen hundred bucks. The motor was recently redone and the car looks rough but drives like a champ. Its a four cylinder truck. I bought a camper that probably weighs 1000 lbs without all my stuff in it. I want to take it cross country. I am unsure about whether I should buy a new truck and was hoping to get some advice. Do you think my truck will make it? What should I do/ can do to ensure it will?
Thanks so much for all the advice, I want to just add that Im a girl right out of college so its not going to be that easy for me to go out and buy a 10,000$ or more truck. What can I buy thats fairly cheep and that will work well? I also dont want to buy anything bigger then a V6 bc I dont want to be dumping money into the tank at 15 miles per gallon. Any advice on what I should be looking for in a vehicle? keep in mind, im a girl-one who knows really nothing about cars, so advice in "girl" terms would be much appreciated. Also, You guys dont think that if I get my suspension redone my toyota will work? Its pretty slow on the highway yes, but if im okay with going a little slower thats will be fine right?