Didn't get to choose my phone, but not complaining... except for the two times it froze right out of the box new. Just can't figure out how to get custom ringtones into use for the iphone 4s.

I have learned how to convert a song into a ringtone on my computer but I can't seem to use it on my phone.

I cannot access the song through itunes on the iphone 4s but I can in the music app. I tried emailing both the song and the ringtone file, but neither can be downloaded onto the iphone 4s. The only way I can think of is to use a website to help me. I tried using some site where it sends your custom ringtone to your phone but it didn't seem to work for me.

This is past the time when itunes had a ringtone section and could convert files to custom ringtones. That function is gone now, and I only seem to find tutorials from 2009 or something using the old method.

Any help?
tried that site, still nothing... the only time it looks like i'm getting anywhere is when it says I can send it to my iphone, but then it asks for my service provider and number. I stop there because when I see the terms of agreements, it says it will charge at least a $9.99 monthly fee... no way am I about to do that