Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

How did you become a figure skater?

I'm mostly directing this question to those who have started late like myself. I have started at age 21 3 months ago, and I regret not starting before that, I never realized how passionate I was going to be for figure skating.

So, I have a few questions...

1. How old did you start?
    2. How old are you now, and in which figure skating level are you?
    3. What was the hardest part in figure skating?
    4. What was your greatest achievement in figure skating?
    5. What was your greatest disappointment in figure skating?

Thanks,

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. How old did you start? Right after I turned 3.

2. How old are you now, and in which figure skating level are you? 17, Junior Level Ice Dance

3. What was the hardest part in figure skating? For me, dealing with injuries. My knee is an ongoing issue, and I've started having some major problems with my hip (something has slipped out of place).

4. What was your greatest achievement in figure skating? There are two. The first competition I ever won, when I was 9 or 10, and I competed the Fourteenstep and won my first gold medal The other is passing my Junior Ice Dance test.

5. What was your greatest disappointment in figure skating? Probably realising that because of my injuries, and the year I took off from skating because of my knee, I'm never going to get to Nationals (what I've wanted to do since I was little). I mean, there's still this season, but my section is the worst to be an ice dancer in - there are way too many talented Ice Dancer teams. I mean, I guess I've done ok for myself, but I still wish I had been able to get to one nationals.

1. Late twenties
    2. Not saying but old enough; working on elements from ISI levels 6-7-8 (double jumps and flying spins)
    3. Going through plateau phases where I don't really improve for awhile. It's frustrating and sometimes I ask myself why do I even bother. Also as an adult skater sometimes it's hard to accept your physical limitations, like I'll never be able learn as fast as the little kids and I'll never be able to do Bielmann spins, outside spread eagles or double axels.
    4. I guess landing double jumps, but they're still works in progress. I haven't competed or tested yet but plan to.
    5. I've never really had any great disappointments. Maybe when I have to deal with injuries and can't practice as much as I would like to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information