Hi, I'm an Australian PR n my husband its citizen and wants a divorce here. We have 2 kids n its a 7 yr marriage. From beginning of my marriage I was verbally n physically abused by my husband, in between though he was good too. But he always wanted me to be under him n his family and keep less interaction with my family. Also, his mother had harassed me mentally n physically too whenever she was here. In fact, she has been instigating him for everything.
His family has my jewelry in their locker in India and I've only a house in Australia for assets.
My questions here are,
Can i challenge the divorce case being filed here in Australia in India as the marriage was solemnized under Hindu MAct? and if yes, how? Also, can we take any legal action for the marital abuse agnst him n his family as he's an AU citizen?
Also, if that happens, can my family or me claim frm his parents the expenditure spent on marriage as we traveled frm our place in Jammu to Chandigarh and my parents had to spent lots of money?
I know here we will be have to do property division but my side jewelry n his side jewelry, both r in India with them?
And he says i'll give u ur side of jewelry in India to ur parents once u sign the divorce papers. but i don't trust him or his family, so will i be able to claim it incase they refuse later?

Please help.