Hi, so first off I'm a music major in college, and I've always had a passion for violin. I have my own violin, and I bought my first suzuki book a couple years back when I was in high school. At the time, I got through half the book just fine, but I stopped because I read that learning violin without a teacher will lead to both bad habits, and intonation problems that are difficult to fix. Well, the university I go to doesn't have a violin or string professor, and the only violin teacher around doesn't fit my goals (he teaches "fiddle" when I want to learn classical). I was thinking of picking the violin back up, but I just want to know if it will be worth it. I've been heavily involved in music for 7 years now, I play saxophone and clarinet, and I have a strong understanding of music theory and sight reading (which I hear is one of the biggest criticisms of the suzuki method). I'm willing to commit if I really choose to learn it, so that won't be a problem, but what are your thoughts? Thanks!