Dear kids and teens, for the benefit of parents of there, how would you like parents to approach the awkward topic of sex?

Some kids have complained that their parents didn't explain it enough, describing sex as a kind of "hugging." Some parents bring up at random, surprising you with a painful and awkward conversation at the worst time (like when your friends are waiting at the door). Other times, rather than giving out too little information, your parents give out too MUCH information. Some kids complain that parents don't even give the sex talk, just leaving the them confused. Would you prefer that an older sibling give the talk instead of your parents? What if there's no older sibling, how should parents approach the subject? When's the best time to bring it up?
Assume much? I don't have children. I'm not teaching anyone about sex, and actually there are many schools that teach only abstinence, no info about penis in vagina action, no info on stds, just abstinence. I heard a story on the radio, kids were talking about how awkward sex talk with parents is. I just wanted to know how kids would prefer the talk to go, how it could be less awkward for them.

The question is NOT how to give a sex talk.
The questions is how would TEENAGERS prefer to HEAR the sex talk.