Hi guys,

I'm a 14 year old girl, and soon going to be 15 next year. I was once very carefree, and happy and active. When i was in elementary school, teachers have commented that i was bright intellectually and in terms of my behaviour, even though i'm quiet and a tad shy.
Fast foward many years later, Im scoring good grades except for the fact that the way i present myself does not reflect it. I have a genetic condition that has my arms, thighs and legs grown full of hair. They're not coarse, but they are dark, and i find that whenever they start growing, my skin would grow darker in that area. I find it extremelly embarassing, and my peers in school do not have that much hair on their bodies. I remembered that I went for a very prestigious educational camp where you get to meet other people from top schools and a guy from a top boys school accidentally saw my hairy legs when he turned around in the lecture hall(he was sitting a row below me) and just stared in shock. I know that i am extremely hairy, i was always the hairiest in my class every year, and it lowers my self esteem and i'm afraid to participate in team sports for fear of my hairiness being discovered. I always seem reserved in public, and i act arrogant and like a pampered queen who does not do any rough work because id rather other people think i am pampered and not willing to go down and play a sport or do dirty work than let them know the real reason. I wanted to wear llong pants and long sleeved shirts when i was in primary school, but i realised that as long as i keep a distance walking in public, people may not notice my hairy arms and legs etc. and therefore during the camp i always kept a hostile face around people that i do not know esp boys to drive them away from talking to me. my motor skills have deteriotated i realise that i act slowly cos of the lack of participation in sports and cos i purposely do not want to act fast and quick cos i'm afraid other people would notice . I'm really afraid of being found out by people that i'm hairy, and when i'm walking in my school uniform i always try to turn away from boys and hide behind a table because of my hairy legs i wish the school would ask us to wear long pants instead of skirts!!

I've consulted a dermatologist and they said there was no cure for my condition and i would either have to depilate shave or wax. it would all make my hairs coarser and my skin darker. I'm too young for permanent hair removal (IPL).
I can't wait till i'm old enough to do permanent hair removal, i hope to solve the problem and improve my participation in sports while i'm still 14.