I started my invisalign three years ago. I had two retained baby teeth which were pulled, my upper canines. I had a gap in my front teeth, and a crosscross bite. I still have an impacted upper adult canine (which is why i have Maryland bridges replacing those baby teeth now). I'm 25.

The original dentist, a premier provider, left the practice around a year and a half ago.

My bite is off. My molars touch on the left but not the right. My front teeth, including the Maryland bridges, touch too much. It's uncomfortable. I've had several adjustments. Never gets better. They are rough on the back. Some of my bottom teeth were filed in the process. The left bridge is coming loose. She added more bond to it today, now it's rougher. Dentist says my impacted canine is now moving down through the gum under the bridge on that side. She says either we wait for it to fall off, or cut it off and have it remade. It already had to be sent back once before even cementing it. The premolar that anchors that bridge may be cracked due to the poor bite. She can move it, and i can feel it move when i eat.eat.

She says original dentist shouldn't have done invisalign on me. My baby teeth should've been left. Other options should've been explored.

I'm pregnant, and ready to have these bridges removed, my adult tooth pulled into place, and implants done instead after i deliver my son in February.

My teeth look great, I'm miserable. My tongue is irritated because of the roughness of the bridges. My jaw hurts. I'm tired of spending hours at the dentist. New dentist wants what is best for me, but old dentist screwed my teeth up.

Do i have legal recourse? I think old dentist retired. I'm not the only one unhappy with him. New dentist told me this. I love her, she's wonderful, and trying to work with his mistakes. I've been in tears over this. I can barely afford to pay for the bridges that aren't working.

This is also causing angular chelitis (sp?). The corners of my mouth are split.
She can't file to adjust anymore either. We've run out of extra porcelain.
I only started getting angular chelitis after starting invisalign, as my bite became worse. And yes, i pointed that out several times... My bite being off, only to be told that's normal. It's not getting better, and now the corners of my mouth are split again. I have no doubt that is completely due to poor bite, since it had been happening since wearing the trays, and before i became pregnant.