Hey I've had a cheap Shakespeare outfit I got off of amazon.com a few years ago collecting dust back home. Planned to try it on the saltwater flats back home, but I always stuck to my conventional rods and reels.

This weekend I plan to head to the mountains and would like to break it in. It's a 9 foot rod with a 7-8wt. line on it. I got some light fishing string that I'm using for leader line and I had a few flies, but lost them over time when practicing.

I'll be flyfishing for small rainbow and brown trout in shallow rivers. I've got the gear to go wading in the water. What kind of flies and leader lines do I need? What other knick knacks should I pick up?
I use mountains as a general term to refer to North Carolina's mountain region. I won't be in the icy peaks, but the bases where streams freely run. If there was ice and snow in this area, I wouldn't be out there. I just got over the flu two days ago! I doubt that I'll need a chainsaw for ice with the weather we've been having and I'm not exactly familiar with the bugs local to the area.