I along with several other college friends of mine are going to move into a new house in a few months. Odds are we will have about 3/4ths of an acre in a suburban house in Seattle Wa.

We would like to eat healthy, but want it to be financially responsible because we are all paying for our own educations. It also needs to be time effective as we all have a full-time job, and are all full-time students.

I'm not sure what would be the best route for such a small plot of land. The most expensive would be a sustainable microfarm. Fish ->waste ->compost->plant-> food. However having animals maybe a bit too much of a project for us. Could you link me to some cost/yield/time charts or statistics?

Assuming animals are too much of a task what about a greenhouse with just edible plants? What would be the cost/time/yield for something like that? Obviously it depends on the size of the greenhouse ect..

Or is it just all around a better idea to just go to farmers markets?

Please note we are all very competent individuals and as long as we have blueprints or some sort of guide we are fully capable of constructing anything needed for these projects.

Thanks!