hi i have a motorcycle issue thats been giving me a headache for months now i just can't seem to figure out what the problem is and if anyone or any mechanic could tell me i would greatly appreciate it im at my wits end with it. i have a 2002 suzuki intruder vs1400GLP it looks brand new only has a little over five thousand miles currently on it and heres the situation. the bike ran perfectly and then was parked for the winter so for about a year it wasn't started at all, i know it ran perfectly the year before to because i rode it then myself, and then i purchased the bike it wouldn't start then so i figured the carbs were just varnished and gummed up. so i took the old gas out of the gas tank and put fresh gas in, and cleaned the jets and float needls in the carburetors, and the fuelcock and changed the oil and filter and the brake and clutch fluids and the plugs, and the motorcycle started right up. but i noticed i had to hold the choke all the way on it would start then die then start then die for about seven times until it took off and started to get warm on one of the exaust pipes but the other side stayed cool until i started easing off on the choke then that side would kick in and start getting hot too. it would idle then but started to backfire and wouldn't take the gas really the way it should and about that time i noticed i was hearing a ticking sound and i looked down and i could see on top of the plug wire at the spark plug cap it was arcing against the head of the motor, seems like it did it more as the engine warmed up more and kept backfiring. the funny thing is it does this on both spark plug caps on both sides of the engine and i don't know why. its a Vtwin by the way 2cylinder. i thought it was the caps so i replaced the caps and it still does it, so i thought it might be the coil somehow causing this problem so i bought a brand new coil, installed it and it still does this at this point im not sure what the problem could be. i didn't adjust any screws or anything on the carburetor i just cleaned it and put it right back on exactly like it was if anyone could tell me what the problem is i would greatly appreciate it im tired of working and spending more and more money and not getting anywhere with it its giving me a huge headache please explain in detail thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.