I have recently had an enhanced disclosure. I did do the mistake of not disclose my caution, as I thought it was spent and therefore didn't need to be disclosed (my own fault completely).

Anyway, my employer phoned up and said that I had a caution, and that they COULD dismiss me on the basis that I didn't disclose this information, but that they didn't intend to. The caution was for a domestic incident years ago. They asked me about details of it, and I answered that I had an argument with the person I was living with that got out of hand. They then said that that was all fine, and that they'd be in touch in a few days.

It has now been 10 days, and still no phone call, and I am getting stressed. My CRB check does not include any other information than my caution. But can my employer contact the police/CRB and request further details to i.e. check if I told the truth, or see if I have any other incidents wich I haven't been charged with?

And if they can, will I be in trouble for not specifying that it was my boyfriend I was arguing with (we lived in a student house with other people), and will information like other domestic issues in where he got taken to court etc be included?

I'm getting worried that my briefly troubled past might be reason for them to dismiss me as I haven't told them the whole story, but to be honest I just want to forget about it all myself and I can't see how a couple of domestic incidents should affect me working with vounerable adults?