Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doe's anybody else feel that all music today is becoming the same genre or sounds the same?

Its mostly poppy Dance hip hop, hipster rock and dubstep all kinda have the same sound

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, last good album i bought was Akon's Freedom in 2008.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a grumpy oldster, I also have a tendency to think that everything was much more creative when it all used to be fields around here... however, age also gave me a wider perception of "today". I consider that the last decades, and now the development of the Internet, enlarged our knowledge of music and provided access to a number of styles, old or new, from all cultures, which my grandparents - and even myself as a teenager - would have never imagined.
    Of course if one sticks to whatever is "promoted" or regularly featured on radio or TV, dummy stars whose names are known to just everyone, crap music turned out for supermarkets and commercials, there is no reason to be excited... but the range is so wide that we can afford being selective, opening our ears to bands whose inventiveness integrates elements of the (recent) past, and ignoring whatever was only designed to create an appealing (or appalling) commercial image in the mags.

well on the bright side, the stones released a new single yesterday. and a new rage against the machine albums comin out

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES! Today's excuse for techno is awful...if Daft Punk ever makes a song that sounds like all that crap, Id never listen to them again.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you're tired of those things then why don't you product your own music?
    nobody wants to hear people complaining.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information