Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who is to blame for increased college tuition?

Is it Obama or state laws?.. I go to a state university in California and tuition has just increased like crazy for the past 3 yrs, just want to know who is to blame
    I know theres been budget cuts..
    is it the president who decides where to cut money out

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Colleges. Since you're a conservative, you're ignorant of the facts. You should have stayed in school.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The colleges are to blame seeing that they are the ones raising tuition.

Obama has suggested that if the colleges do not lower there tuition he may cut there government funding so he is trying to help.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everybody wants to be paid more and wants more things. The professor wants more pay. The library wants more books. The student wants things in their dorm.

The biggest change has been WHO should pay for it. Some say the taxpayer should pay for some to go to school. Others say students should pay for the extra school. Over the last few years there has been a shift to students paying more of the share.

Simple example to illustrate. A student wants medical training to be a Doctor. Says others should pay for the school. Now they have graduated and want to go over there because the next place pay a higher wage. For use of a term they do not want to payback part of their salary(TAX) for the next student. The next student wants the same. Who is paying the tab and who gets the benefit? The next place has no schools but they get the Doctor that was educated by the other place.

Maybe some type of community service plan for graduates. Again a simple example A graduating Doctor works one year at the local clinic small town for a lower wage to "payback" for his education.

What ever way you divide it up it cannot be just in one direction. If you want an inexpensive education then you have to part of group paying for the next person with YOUR money.

Remember that the money the government is spending came out of MY pocket. What do I get back when I pay for your school and you leave town or worse you stay in TOWN and now charge me more because you have more education. My pockets are getting empty supporting YOU.

There is no correct answer to this. People from either side will say the other should pay a bigger share. I just used the Job Doctor to illustrate the concept.

It does not matter if it is a FEDERAL tax Dollar or a State tax dollar they both came out of my pocket.

It would be nice if those that had extra money would start spending it in their communities. So others can have some too.

I am a University Graduate and worked on campus to pay for my tuition and now pay my share for the the next person to get a subsidised education. My money is not in some other country or in some sheltered no tax thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information