now I bought this car second hand, so I don't know what its supposed to feel like... but anyway,
i have had the car for about a year, and i love it, but the brakes are just so awful. in a perfect traction situation with a dry road, i can stomp on the brake pedal as hard as i possibly can (practically sanding on it) and i couldn't get the tires to come even close to locking. now don't get me wrong, the car stops decently quick, but it seems weird that I have to literally stand on the pedal to get it to stop fast, and even then i should be able to get the ABS on... or the tires to chirp.. but they don't. Anyway, i changed the pads and disks on all wheels to a very minor improvement. So this is what im thinking, its either the brake hoses getting old and expanding, or its the brake booster worn out. I was wondering if anyone has some experience on similar cars (LHS family) and would be willing to back me up on these assumptions before i throw money at it. Or are these 300m's always like this? thanks allot!
so there seems to be some confusion. My ABS does not engage because the wheels are not even close to slipping on a dry road. no there isn't any kick on the pedal, i know what ABS feels like i live in Canada, it gets pretty slippery. during the winter the brakes are certainly plenty strong enough to get the ABS kicking in and it works fine. i will tell you the age of the car. its quite old and its got plenty o' kilometers. 1999 226000km (~140000 miles)