Why does my Honda keep blowing head gaskets? I've replaced the head and head gasket twice. Please help???
The heads were trued and the car runs great otherwise. it doesn't run hot, burn oil, nothing. I followed the torquing sequence very strictly. there's only 85,000 miles on this car and the block is steel.
2001 Honda Civic 1.8 liter Automatic:

I used a Fel-Pro Brand Head Gasket Set, Part # HS26236PT. [$117.79 @ RockAuto.com]
It came with everything I needed except new head bolts, Which I didn't replace on the first job on account of me thinking I could get by with the old ones. Because, like I said earlier in my message, the car has only 85,000 miles on it and it's going on 12 years old. I think that's low millage for a 12yr old car. Also, I'm the original owner and the temp hasn't ever gotten into the red zone, close but not to that point when your car start pinging, shuddering, and stalling out. I mean it's ran hot before, but I think only once and I know I pulled over right away and had it towed to my garage. I've had many people tell me that a bad head gasket is a common problem with these cars, but I don't think 2 new gaskets within 18 months is common. Anyway, the 2nd time I did the head gasket the cylinder head bolts were replaced with brand
The cooling fans come on at I believe 280 degrees, The relays all work. The T-stat is new. Radiator cap is new. Cooling system, flushed. Oil, new every 2,500 miles. I maintenance my vehicle meticulously....